Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My First Garden

On the morning of March 21st. My hubby and I went out in our backyard and decided on a place to put our garden. I didn't want it too far to the back of the yard. I love to just look out our back door and see everything. :)
To view larger pictures, just click the picture.

I left for a few hours with my sisters to go pick up our plants for our garden. I already had the Creole Tomato and Sweet Bell Pepers from my sisters for my birthday.
When I came home, my hubby had already dug the spot for our veggie garden.

I placed the plants according to how I thought they should go, placing the cucumbers to the back. Cucumbers grow on vines, and my cucumbers will grow along our fence. I bought a 3 pack of already growing Cucumbers plants, and I had 4 seedlings growing.

My sisters suggested I plant Merigolds in with the veggies to prevent bugs from getting to them. I didn't mind purchasing them as I think they are beautiful flowers. Can't wait for the rest of the plant to fully bloom!

These are the cucumber seedlings I had growing in an empty egg carton. I'm really surprised they grew so much and that they are still growing. lol I purchased 3 more as I wasn't sure they seedlings would continue to grow.

This is me (hubby took this pick) planting my herbs in their planter. I was told it would be better to do it this way, I hope they continue to grow!

Here's the finished project!
My herbs, strawberries and floral plants.

Our Garden: Grape Tomatoes, Roma Tomatoes, Sweet Bell Peppers, Cucumbers and Creole Tomato.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Coupons On Thier Way to Your Door in 24 Hours

About Me

My photo
I am a housewife and mother who looks for every opportunity to save money and to make my familys life enjoyable. My family and I LOVE trying new things, so if you are a PR person, please contact me about reviewing your products on my frugal blog, www.Bargains4Wahms.com

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your opinions and comments!! All are greatly appreciated.

About This Blog

Live Traffic

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 COPYRIGHT @2009 A Frugal Life!

Back to TOP  

DNCBWP7S7W35