Friday, September 11, 2009

How To Get Coupons Directly From Companies

With food prices going up and your pay staying the same, how do you save on groceries??

Most people use coupons,but what is so aggravating is the lack of coupons for the items we use in our household or eat! I really disliked the coupons in the Sunday paper. Why? They hardly had coupons for what we use/eat!

I knew there had to be away to getting coupons for the products we used so,after researching, I found one of the best ways to get coupons for the things you use in your home, your kids may like, or you and your husband love, is by contacting the companies and restaurants and giving them feedback.

You'd be surprised at how many companies appreciate some kind of feedback from their customers. In return, most companies are more than happy to send you coupons for telling them you like/dislike a product, asking questions, making suggestions or requesting additional information about their products.

There is no need to pay for stamps or envelopes. Just go to your favorite companies web site find their 'contact' link and shoot them an email! The contact link can usually be found at the top or bottom of the companies web page.

Another way is by calling them. On most product packages there is a toll free number you can call and give them your opinion over the phone. (This is particularly good with complaints)

What should you write?

  • You can start out by sharing something that happened regarding their product (make is short though). Ex: I just contacted Horizon Dairy I told them my family and I love their milk. How I was introduced to their milk (during Katrina evacuation to Texas by my sister) and that their milk was not watery like some whole milks are. I loved that the expiration dates are pushed back and then I thanked them for making my life and my families life a little more healthier.

  • Tell them how their product or service has improved your life.

  • What you like or dislike about their service or a product.

  • Did you have problems with opening the package

  • If the product has a new design, tell them your thoughts on it.

  • If you are writing because something was wrong with the product, let them know the UPC number and give them as much detail as possible so they can research and find out what the problem was.

  • If you are disappointed in their product, do not be rude about it – just tell them why.

  • Also, remember if you are writing (not emailing) a company include your name and address or they won’t be able to send you coupons.

  • Don't forget to thank them for making the product.

  • Remember to thank them for taking the time to read your letter.

    Here are a few tips:
    I have been told that writing to major companies like Kraft, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Chef Boyardee won't get you any coupons even upon request. Reason: They often have coupons for their products in the Sunday inserts.

    When contacting restaurants, write or call the local place of business. Restaurant managers who run each individual business seem to be a lot nicer than the main headquarters.

    In addition, organic companies are very nice and generous about sending coupons. They often don’t do any major advertising and they love hearing from their customers.

    I've already emailed 10 companies between the weekend and today. I have my fingers crossed that I'll have some valuable coupons in the next few weeks.

    If you do this and get results, please leave a comment letting us know what company and what they did for you? I love to know when my readers get something good!



    Thanks for visiting my blog,



  • 0 comments:

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin
    Coupons On Thier Way to Your Door in 24 Hours

    About Me

    My photo
    I am a housewife and mother who looks for every opportunity to save money and to make my familys life enjoyable. My family and I LOVE trying new things, so if you are a PR person, please contact me about reviewing your products on my frugal blog, www.Bargains4Wahms.com

    Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your opinions and comments!! All are greatly appreciated.

    About This Blog

    Live Traffic

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!

      © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 COPYRIGHT @2009 A Frugal Life!

    Back to TOP  

    DNCBWP7S7W35